1. Bluecrop – This variety is one of the most popular types of blueberries for pancakes. They have a mildly sweet flavor that pairs well with the batter, and their medium size makes them easy to cook.
2. Chandler – These blueberries are large and firm, with a slightly tart flavor that can help balance out the sweetness of your pancake batter. They also add a beautiful pop of color to your dish.
3. Duke – This variety is known for its high yield and sweet-tart flavor. They’re great for using in pancake batter as they hold their shape and won’t break down too much during cooking.
4. Elliot – Elliot blueberries are large and sweet, making them ideal for serving on top of pancakes or mixing into the batter. They have a rich flavor that complements the mild sweetness of the pancakes.
5. Jersey – These blueberries are small, sweet, and juicy. They have a deep blue color and a tangy flavor that can add a complexity to your pancake dish. They are also a great choice for making blueberry sauce or compote to drizzle on top of your pancakes.
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.