1. Bluecrop – A popular variety with firm, juicy berries that have a sweet and tangy flavor. It’s great for tarts because the berries hold their shape well when baked.
2. Duke – Another popular variety with large, flavorful berries that are ideal for baking. They have a sweet, slightly tart taste and a firm texture.
3. Ozarkblue – A newer variety with medium-sized berries that have a sweet, rich flavor and a firm texture. They are also quite resistant to disease and pests.
4. Northland – A hardy variety that produces small to medium-sized berries with a sweet, mild flavor. They are ideal for baking because they hold their shape well.
5. Jersey – A popular variety with large, juicy berries that have a sweet flavor with a hint of tartness. They are ideal for tarts because they hold their shape well when baked.
6. Elliott – A late-season variety that produces large, flavorful berries with a sweet, tart taste. They are great for tarts because they have a firm texture and hold their shape well when baked.
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.