1. Wild blueberries: These small, intensely-flavored berries are great for adding a burst of flavor to cookies.
2. Highbush blueberries: These are the larger, cultivated variety of blueberries. They work well in cookies as they hold their shape when baked.
3. Tifblue: This variety of blueberries has a slightly tart flavor and is perfect for adding a tangy twist to cookies.
4. Duke: These blueberries are large, plump, and sweet. They are ideal for creating a juicy filling in blueberry cookie recipes.
5. Chandler: With their incredibly sweet and juicy flavor, chandler blueberries are great for adding a burst of sweetness to any cookie recipe.
6. Jersey blueberries: These are the classic blueberries often found in grocery stores. They have a mild, sweet flavor and make a great addition to cookie dough.
7. Elliot: These blueberries are known for their firm texture and slightly tart flavor, which makes them a great choice for adding a bit of complexity to cookie recipes.
8. Pink Lemonade: This variety of blueberries has a unique, pinkish hue and a tangy-sweet flavor. They add a fun twist to classic blueberry cookie recipes.
Note: Remember to adjust sugar measurement accordingly to maintain a balanced taste.
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.