– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan or line with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, until the batter is smooth.
6. Stir in the vanilla extract and blueberries.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.