– 1 pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
– 6 cups fresh blueberries
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
– 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Roll out the pie crust and place it in a 9-inch pie dish. Trim the edges and prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Chill in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
3. In a large bowl, mix together blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
4. Pour the blueberry mixture into the prepared pie crust, making sure it’s evenly distributed.
5. Dot the top of the blueberry mixture with the chilled butter pieces.
6. Brush the edges of the crust with the beaten egg mixture.
7. Bake the pie for 50-60 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
8. If the edges of the crust are browning too quickly, cover them with foil to prevent burning.
9. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely before slicing and serving.
10. Enjoy the delicious blueberry pie with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.