– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
– 1 egg
– 1 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
5. To make the streusel topping, combine the flour and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Cut in the chilled butter using a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
6. Spoon the muffin batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the streusel topping over each muffin.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin.
8. Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious blueberry streusel muffins!
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.