– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/3 cup vegetable oil
– 1 egg
– 1/3 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Gently fold in the blueberries.
6. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.