– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and mix until well combined.
6. Gently fold in the blueberries.
7. Scoop the dough into balls (about 2 tablespoons each) onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between them.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
9. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious blueberry cookies!
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.