– 1 (10-ounce) prepared angel food cake
– 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
– 2 cups cold milk
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 pint fresh blueberries
– 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
– Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Cut the angel food cake into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the instant vanilla pudding mix, cold milk, and vanilla extract until the mixture thickens. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
3. Rinse and dry the blueberries.
4. In a large trifle dish (or clear glass bowl), layer the angel food cake cubes, followed by a layer of vanilla pudding, a layer of blueberries, and a layer of whipped topping. Repeat the layers until the dish is filled, ending with whipped topping on top.
5. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
6. To serve, garnish with fresh blueberries and mint leaves if desired.
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.