1 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar and cocoa powder until well combined.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract, baking powder and salt.
4. Gradually mix in the flour until the batter is smooth and well combined.
5. Fold in the fresh blueberries until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it out into an even layer using a spatula.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Allow the brownies to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
9. Optional: Add a dusting of powdered sugar or a drizzle of melted white chocolate on top for an extra touch of sweetness. Enjoy!
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.