– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 cup fresh blueberries
– 1/4 cup honey
– 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp onion powder
– Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until browned.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the blueberries, honey, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and onion powder.
6. Pour the blueberry mixture over the chicken and transfer the skillet to the oven.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the blueberry sauce is bubbling.
8. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and serve immediately.
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.