– 4 cups fresh blueberries
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup sugar, divided
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1 cup milk
– ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. Spread blueberries evenly in the baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
6. Pour batter over the blueberries, and spread it evenly.
7. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup sugar on top of the batter.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Blueberry Cobbler!
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.