1 cup raw almonds
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. In a food processor, pulse the almonds until they are finely chopped. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the dates, blueberries, almond butter, and sea salt to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture becomes sticky and starts to come together.
3. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and stir in the chopped almonds and crispy rice cereal.
4. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture into the dish and press firmly and evenly to form a dense, compact layer.
5. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours to allow it to set.
6. Once chilled and firm, remove the mixture from the dish and cut it into bars or squares.
7. Store the blueberry energy bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for up to a month. Enjoy!
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.