– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
– 1/4 cup blueberry puree (you can make your own by blending fresh or frozen blueberries)
– 4 cups powdered sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– Pinch of salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
2. Add the blueberry puree and mix until well combined.
3. Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing on low speed until fully incorporated.
4. Add the vanilla extract and salt, and mix until everything is combined.
5. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for a few more minutes until fluffy and light.
6. If the frosting is too thin or runny, add more powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
7. Use the frosting immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Bring to room temperature and rewhip before using. Enjoy!
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.