– 4 bone-in pork chops
– 2 cups fresh blueberries
– ½ cup red wine vinegar
– ¼ cup honey
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tsp dried thyme
– Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, red wine vinegar, honey, olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
4. Cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the blueberries break down and the sauce thickens.
5. Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan.
6. Add pork chops and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until browned.
7. Pour blueberry sauce over the pork chops.
8. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 145°F.
9. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.
10. Serve with additional blueberry sauce on top and garnish with fresh thyme, if desired. Enjoy!
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.