– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
– 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
– 1 large egg
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut in the cold butter until it forms coarse crumbs.
4. Add in the blueberries and gently toss to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
7. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it a few times until it comes together.
8. Pat the dough into a 1-inch thick round and cut it into 8 wedges.
9. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
10. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Dr. Sarah Smith is a blueberry expert and author of BlueberryExpert.com. She has been growing and studying blueberries for over 20 years. Her research has focused on the different varieties, growing techniques, and nutritional content of blueberries. She is passionate about helping people to grow their own healthy blueberries and has been a leader in the industry for many years.